[ADMB Users] ADMB Installation Windows GCC

Ian Taylor ian.taylor at noaa.gov
Tue Apr 3 14:54:23 PDT 2012

Hi Roy,
I gave you bad advice earlier. I just recreated your error while testing
the installation instructions.

I had contributed incorrect information in the install instructions by
saying that the GCC compiler was included with the ADMB installer. GCC is
only included with the ADMB-IDE installer (which is quite convenient).
Running ADMB in the absence of GCC causes the error you saw. I've added a
step and link to MinGW installer download to the instructions at
http://admb-project.org/documentation/installation/admb-installation-mingw

Thanks Chris for helping me find the error of my ways.
-Ian