[ADMB Users] Software Methods

Laurie Kell laurie.kell at iccat.int
Fri Apr 20 05:05:09 PDT 2012

In ICCAT we have a software catalogue, which requires certain criteria
to be fulfilled, if software are to be used in stock assessment.

I would like those criteria to be reviewed so that we follow best
practice. I know that software validation is a complex issue but  would
like to ensure consistency and exchange of methods between
organisations. For example if a method is in the NOAA Toolbox or is on
the R CRAN repository shouldn´t we be able to use it in ICCAT.

This will not take long (hopefully). All I am looking for is a quick
review of our criteria and any appropriate criteria used elsewhere, that
we would need to include if our software is to be used by others. Also
suggestions of how to harmonise software validation in the future so
that we can strengthen the support for stock assessment experts and
develop an improved network of stock assessment developers. I would also
like to suggest that a global repository of all stock assessment methods
would be useful.

--
Laurence Kell

ICCAT Secretariat