[ADMB Users] Software Methods

Steve Cadrin scadrin at umassd.edu
Fri Apr 20 06:15:36 PDT 2012

Hi Laurie:

Your suggestion introduces another potential facet of SISAM and the conference. So far, we have been focused on assessment methods, but software catalogs are more about operational processes for stock assessment than methods. I think the subject of process is critically important for the initiative to improve stock assessments, but is a much larger subject than software catalogs (e.g., meeting format, peer review, frequency, scope, ...). Similar to our treatment of multispecies and ecosystem models, it is a critical topic, but I would not want assessment process issues to eclipse our main objective of improving stock assessment methods.

I think the larger question is: should we devote some of our time (e.g., one session in the conference) to operational process issues?

Feedback Welcome.

Cheers,
Steve