[ADMB Users] testing hybrid mcmc

Mollie Brooks mbrooks at ufl.edu
Fri Aug 24 11:01:08 PDT 2012

Hi ADMB users,

This is essentially the simple tpl file that Dave told me to try, but I added the random effects vector u.

DATA_SECTION
   int n
  !! n=10;
PARAMETER_SECTION
   init_vector x(1,n);
   sdreport_number x1;
   objective_function_value f;
   random_effects_vector u(1,n);
PROCEDURE_SECTION
   x1=x(1);
   f+=0.5*norm2(x);
   f+=0.5*norm2(u);

I can compile it, then run it with the command
./hybridsimple_re -hybrid -hyeps .3 -hynsteps 2 -mcmc2 10

After playing around for a while, I can't figure out what the parameter -hynsteps is doing.
I also can't seem to use mcsave to thin the samples.
Anybody know how to use -hynsteps and -mcsave in hybrid mcmc sampling?

thanks,
Mollie

Mollie Brooks
Postdoctoral Researcher, Ponciano Lab
Biology Department, University of Florida
http://people.biology.ufl.edu/mbrooks