[ADMB Users] ADMB workshop in Copenhagen 18-22 Feb 2013

Arni Magnusson arnima at hafro.is
Wed Dec 19 03:46:48 PST 2012

Hi ADMB users,

Anders Nielsen and I will be giving a workshop on "AD Model Builder and
Stock Assessment" at the ICES headquarters in Copenhagen, 18-22 February
2013.

   http://ices.dk/iceswork/training/TCADSAM2013.pdf

I encourage you to sign up and participate, and/or forward this email to
colleagues that may be interested.

---

Over the course of 5 days, the following topics will be covered:

   simple models
   biomass-dynamic models
   statistical catch-at-age models
   Bayesian priors and MCMC
   mixed effects, linear and nonlinear
   state-space models

Anders has implemented a state-space model (SAM) that is being used in
ICES assessments of several major stocks. This model and its features will
be form the main point of discussion towards the end of the workshop. The
workshop is both for ADMB beginners and long-time users.

---

ICES is organizing the workshop, but is now accepting registrations from
outside ICES to fill up the remaining seats. The registration deadline
will shift accordingly, from 31 Dec into early January.

Best regards,

Arni