[ADMB Users] training video basic operation

Jacob Kasper jacobkasper at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 08:52:23 PST 2012

I am going through the training video and I keep getting errors with ADMB2
and onwards. I can run some tpl files but not the ones that are associated
with the training video, even when I download fore example the files here
ftp://glpd.fw.msu.edu/QFC/ADMB-Videos/Current_ADMB_Video_Release/ADMB%202/and
change the .tpl so that the names is the same as the .dat. when I run
the .tpl and then the program I get the message "the test vector is  0 0 0"
which is not what the training video suggests that it should return. I have
been over the .tpl file carefully and I cannot figure out the error, could
this be a version issue? I am running Linux 64 bit and built it from the
source distribution.

THank you
Jacob