[ADMB Users] when translating tpl2cpp: command not found

Kevin Byron kwbyron at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 06:22:03 PDT 2012

I am trying to get emacs ADMB-Mode to work on my Mac (snow leopard). It took some work, but I got emacs to open in ADMB mode, but now when I translate the simple example, I get:
/bin/bash: tpl2cpp: command not found
ADMB works in terminal, and I can run the simple example. The issue only arises with Emacs. I have x-code, GCC, and GDP.  Although, GCC and GDP are older versions then what the manual links too. When I did the install of emacs, I ended up doing while in the downloads folder and then later moved it to my root directory... I'm wondering if this is the issue???

Since admb worked in terminal, I have the .cpp and executable in the simple folder, so I tried to compile as well and got:
/bin/bash: adcomp: command not found

I can run the example though.

HELP!!!  If I can get this to work, I only have to take one laptop to the conference next week. : )
thank you!
Kevin Byron

Here is what I did to install Emacs:
cd Downloads/emacs-23.4/
./configure
*** We got an error suggesting to configure with options ***
./configure --with-ns --with-jpeg=no --with-png=no --with-gif=no --with-tiff=no
make bootstrap
make
make install
cp -r Emacs.app /Applications/Emacs.app