[ADMB Users] MCMC Error in matrix inverse but std report generated

Mark Maunder mmaunder at iattc.org
Thu Mar 1 23:05:01 PST 2012

I installed Arni's new IDE and that now creates a std file. However, when I try to run MCMC I get an error "Error in matrix inverse -- matrix singular in inv(dmatrix)". Since it was able to create the std report, why does the calculations for the MCMC create an error? Anyone else come across this issue and found a solution?

When Teresa compiled the model she found that she could get it to work if she used "-mcmult 9" which scales the initial covariances matrix, but this does not appear work on my version.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark Maunder

IATTC fall workshop: Using Oceanography for Fisheries Stock Assessment and Management
11-14 October 2011, La Jolla, CA
http://www.fisheriesstockassessment.com/TikiWiki/tiki-index.php?page=Using+Oceanography+for+Fisheries+Stock+Assessment+and+Management+2011

Head of the Stock Assessment Program
Inter-American  Tropical Tuna Commission

President
ADMB Foundation

8604 La Jolla Shores Drive
La Jolla, CA, 92037-1508, USA