[ADMB Users] ADMB-IDE 10.1

kvk fromdustreturned at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 23:05:27 PST 2012

Hi Arni~

I had a question about the Emacs IDE which is actually more of an
Emacs question, but I thought I'd post it here in case anyone else
might have the same issue using a university or other institution
machine. I'm trying to get the IT folks to install 10.1 on a set of
Windows 7/64 school computers so I can run a large number of
simulations in a short amount of time. The IT folks are having
problems in that Emacs itself runs fine on a Windows machine provided
that the account has admin privileges, as opposed to a user account
with less than full privileges. (I think I have this correct - I am
rather clueless re: Windows). Do you have any configuration
suggestions that would allow ADMB and Emacs to install and run on
student machines with limited privileges and no admin access??

Thanks! And congrats on the new paper - I've got it cited in several
of my chapters!

Kray