[ADMB Users] Unidentified error message

dave fournier davef at otter-rsch.com
Thu Mar 8 09:14:41 PST 2012

> Hi All,
>
> I got a new (to me) error message "Error reading stack identifier for
> q". It comes at the end of the PROCEDURE_SECTION on the very first call.
> Any ideas?
>
> Andre

   I don't know if you solved this problem by now.

   ADMB saves its temporary derivative information in a stack data
structure.

   If this stack gets corrupted for some reason it is very difficult to
diagnose the
   cause in general.  To aid this process in the safe version
identifier strings are
   written into the stack and read back and checked.  For some reason
   the stack has been corrupted and that is why you are getting this
message.