[ADMB Users] ADMB reference manual(s)

Arni Magnusson arnima at hafro.is
Thu Nov 15 17:22:36 PST 2012

Hi Jeff,

When you say Reference Manual, do you mean a comprehensive annotated list
of everything there is in ADMB?

The ADMB Project has used Doxygen to produce a comprehensive list of all
ADMB-related classes and member functions:

   http://admb-project.org/documentation/api/functions_func.html

It feels very robotic and crowded, but it is exhaustive and always up to
date. The Doxygen documentation will be more useful as we embed more
Doxygen comments in the code. Even in its current state, it can be a
valuable reference when specific questions arise, especially when
contributing to ADMB itself or writing advanced models. I think the
ADMB/ADMB-RE User Guides should cover everything needed for basic and
intermediate modelling.

Doxygen can also write a massive PDF reference, but I find the web
interface much easier to navigate.

Please feel free to point out specific shortcomings in the User's Guide
and in the Doxygen reference. Better still, contribute. The
http://admb-project.org/developers/contribute-documentation page has
guidelines on how to contribute Doxygen comments. Writing Doxygen comments
for existing functions has been listed as a priority, e.g. in the 2010
meeting report
(http://admb-project.org/developers/admb-meeting-march-29-31/ADMBMeetingReportv3.pdf).

---

Finally, the keyword list

http://admb-project.org/developers/contribute-documentation/functions/keywords.txt/view

may also provide an overview of the kind one would hope to find in a
reference manual.

All the best,

Arni