[ADMB Users] Problems with RE model, using FUNCTIONs for integration

Mark Wolters kramsretlow at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 08:33:12 PST 2012

Hi Jeff (and Dave),

Yes, I followed that discussion with great interest as it happened,
and I tested out the .tpl file that was posted (even commenting out
what I thought were the redundant initialization lines).  I got the
same results that you did--the best I could get it to do was to
compile with warnings. In any event I didn't feel that any solution
requiring post-facto modification of the .cpp file was ready for prime
time (read: for use by a novice like me). So I was hoping to keep it
simple and find a workaround.

At the moment I'm teetering on the edge of dropping this work entirely
and moving on to something else.  I'm very attracted by the potential
of ADMB, but not sure if I have the time to take the deep dive into it
that seems required.

Thanks for your input,


On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 11:11 AM, Jeff Laake <jefflaake at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mark-
> I ran into this as well and you should look at the link that Dave posted.
> http://lists.admb-project.org/pipermail/users/2012-November/002014.html
>  In his example he shows how to modify adromb and trapzd to call a specific
> function h that is your function to integrate.
> Dave- The only part of that posting I didn't understand was:
> After tpl2rem need to get rid of extra
> initialization lines near the bottom of the file.
> It was never clear to me what I needed to get rid of. I never got it to work
> and switched to using a built-in function that worked for my case.
> --jeff
> _______________________________________________
> Users mailing list
> Users at admb-project.org
> http://lists.admb-project.org/mailman/listinfo/users

More information about the Users mailing list