[ADMB Users] Covariance Calculation Details

Cole Monnahan monnahc at uw.edu
Mon Oct 8 18:41:17 PDT 2012

Hi all,

As a summer project I deduced and documented how ADMB deals with bounded
parameters internally, and how that affects the covariance calculations.
This knowledge allows the user to write their own admodel.cov file which
ADMB will then use in the MCMC phase. There are some old threads where
users were looking for this information, so I was encouraged to upload it
onto the project website and send it along to this list.

You can find it here:
http://www.admb-project.org/community/tutorials-and-examples/covariance-calculations

I am new to ADMB so please let me know if you have any
questions/comments/corrections. I will warn that the R code uploaded is not
well tested so let me know if you run into any problems.

Thanks,

Cole Monnahan
M.S. Student
Quantitative Ecology and Resource Management
University of Washington
monnahc at uw.edu