[ADMB Users] [R] Structural equation models (SEM) for count data / poisson distribution

dave fournier davef at otter-rsch.com
Sat Aug 10 10:46:05 PDT 2013

Dear R community,

I am constructing structural equation models in R and I have tried both
the sem and lavaan packages. I have count data (numbers of plants in
this case) that I would like to use as an endogenous variable. The
poisson distribution seems appropriate for these data, but I can't seem
to figure out how best to handle this within either package, lavaan or
sem, though I have noticed that both packages are adding lots of
options/capability to their core sem functions, so perhaps I have missed
something.

Could someone recommend a reasonable approach for handling count data
with SEM in R, in either lavaan or sem?

Thanks in advance for comments and suggestions,
Stella

--
Stella Copeland
PhD Candidate

This looks like a good area for ADMB-RE I suspect SEM models are pretty
trivial for ADMB,
but the field is its own religion.