[ADMB Users] The importance of parameterizing a nonlinear model well

Anders Nielsen fishfollower at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 00:04:13 PDT 2013

Hi Dave,

I agree completely.

The intention (from my side) was to show that this problem, which had been
reported too difficult for most other optimizers(!), was simple to solve in
ADMB. The reason for it being difficult was less important in this
exercise.

Point is that in larger problems we may not be able to find a
parametrization, which make them trivial, so it is nice to have an
optimizer which is stable enough to handle somewhat poor parametrizations.

Cheers,

Anders.