[ADMB Users] glmmadmb, nbinom and alpha

Lars Qviller lars.qviller at ibv.uio.no
Thu Aug 22 02:26:57 PDT 2013

Dear admb users.

I am trying to extract scaled residuals from a truncated negative
binomial model using glmmadmb. I understand that it is possible to
parameterize a negative binomial model in different ways. My two
questions are:
Is the negative binomial dispersion parameter in the ountput the same as
is used to scale the residuals with the formula:

(y-fitted(mod))/sqrt(fitted(mod)+ mod$alpha*fitted(mod)^2)

where "y" is the response of the fitted model "mod"?

2) is the formula correct?

--
Best regards
Lars Qviller