[ADMB Users] phases in state-space model

Mollie Brooks mbrooks at ufl.edu
Tue Jun 18 06:21:03 PDT 2013

Hi,
I was wondering if any of you have a rule of thumb for what parameters to bring in in what phases of state-space models.  I'm thinking about using phases to try to speed up and robustify my state-space model.

My latent state follows an AR(1) process.
These are the parameters
PARAMETER_SECTION
	init_bounded_number logitrho(0,9); //autocorrelation coefficient on the logic scale
	init_vector ucoeffs(1,ncoeffs); //coefficients of linear part of model
	init_bounded_number logsigmaSq(-10,2,3);
	objective_function_value jnll;
	random_effects_vector u(1,totobs,1); //latent states

This is the basic underlying process