[ADMB Users] Very simple possibly documented question.

bigA jaguar.smart at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 12:33:39 PDT 2014

Hi,

I have been writing some simple admb depletion estimation code that I am
comparing to some code in mc-stan.   I am curious if  "-mcmc  12505"
 returns  12505 samples or 10000 samples? Perhaps I am doing something
foolish, however it appears that the psv file being returned has only 10000
samples and it is causing me some difficulty in sizing matrices in R.  It
is fine if admb just does mcmc according to the order of magnitude... it
just seems undocumented.

"-mcmc 10209" seems to return  10000 samples

However "-mcmc 5609" seems to return 5609 samples; so perhaps my problem is
elsewhere.
Has anyone else seen this sort of behavior?

Aaron