[ADMB Users] Build ADMB 11.1

John Sibert sibert at hawaii.edu
Mon Mar 3 22:12:02 PST 2014

I'm not convinced that symbolic links are really simpler (because I have
trouble remembering the syntax), so I prefer the environment variable in
most cases. Anyhow it is nice to have the option to do it either way.

Thanks, Aaron, for preparing the man page. I'm not sure it is consistent
with `admb --help` though. A couple of options seem to be missing.
> $ admb --help
>
> Builds AD Model Builder executable or library.
>
> Usage: admb [-c] [-d] [-g] [-r] [-f] model [src(s)]

>  -c     Build only object file(s) (.obj).
>  -d     Build a shared library (.so).
>  -g     Build with debug symbols.
>  -r     Build with Random effects library (ADMB-RE).
>  -f     Build with Fast optimized mode library (no bounds checking).
>         By default, admb script builds with bounds checking.
>  model  TPL file (ie simple.tpl or the filename simple with no .tpl
>         extension)
>  src(s) C/C++ Source file(s) containing classes, methods and variables
> that
>         are used in model.

John Sibert
Emeritus Researcher, SOEST