[ADMB Users] [R-sig-ME] MCMC fitting in glmmADMB

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 06:08:45 PDT 2014

 As a reminder, ?admbControl in the glmmADMB documentation says:

if you want to try running the ADMB model outside of R,
              use ‘run=FALSE’ and set ‘save.dir’ in the ‘glmmADMB’
              arguments.  This will result in a saved directory
              containing the ‘glmmadmb’ executable (on systems other
              than Windows) as well as ‘glmmadmb.pin’ and
              ‘glmmadmb.dat’ files.  You can then run the ‘glmmadmb’
              executable with appropriate command-line arguments in a
              command shell or terminal window.  If you run the same R
              command again (i.e. still with ‘run=FALSE’ and with the
              same ‘save.dir’) ‘glmmADMB’ will find any output files
              that have been produced and read them into a ‘glmmadmb’
              object.  You can also try sending the ‘glmmadmb.pin’ and
              ‘glmmadmb.dat’ files to an ADMB expert for diagnosis.