[ADMB Users] new version of R2admb on R-forge

Ben Bolker bolker at ufl.edu
Sat Aug 21 08:50:36 PDT 2010

Ben Bolker wrote:
>   That's not exactly the situation in which the errors/warnings occur.
>   They happen when one runs tpl2rem on a RE model that is "too simple":
> as pointed out by Tom Wainwright on March 10
> <http://groups.google.com/group/admb-users/browse_thread/thread/3a106a2a911350bf>,
> this is reproducible in the "liver_gamma" example that comes with ADMB:
>
>> tpl2rem liver_gamma
>
> cat: xxalloc4.tmp: No such file or directory
> cat: xxalloc5.tmp: No such file or directory
> Error executing command cat xxglobal.tmp   xxhtop.tmp   header.tmp
> xxalloc1.tmp   xxalloc2.tmp   xxalloc3.tmp   xxalloc4.tmp
> xxalloc5.tmp    xxtopm.tmp    xxalloc6.tmp > liver_gamma.cpp
>
>   At least, it happens with my installation (release 9.1, running on
> Ubuntu 10.04).

  PS I may be miscommunicating here.  To try to be clear:

1. ADMB produces spurious error messages when tpl2rem'ing specific
"simple" TPL files.  My R2admb code attempts to filter these messages out.

2. In some versions of ADMB (not the one I am running), using "-s"
provokes a warning message that "safe mode" is deprecated. In its
current version, R2admb uses  'safe mode' by default (i.e. adding the
"-s" flag to the argument list: should it not do that?), so this warning
came up when Motoki ran simple.tpl through R2admb. The version of R2admb
that I posted a few days ago treated this as an error and stopped; I
have since added code to R2admb that treats any message from ADMB with
the string "warning:" in it as an (R) warning rather than error.

  I'm not quite sure which set of errors Dave is addressing.

  cheers
    Ben

--
Ben Bolker