[ADMB Users] Installation problems

dave fournier davef at otter-rsch.com
Sun Mar 28 23:36:48 PDT 2010

I'm forwarding this to the list. Its a bit short on details maybe, but
hopefully we can get something going.This guy is interested
in age-structured models in a  non fisheries related application.

Hi,
sorry but I just can't get admb run properly. I downloaded it with an
executable installer for windows (XP) and left all the default settings
as suggested by the ADMB setup guide for MinGW GCC 3.4. Then I tried to
run the simple example, but it won't open simple.tpl. It tells me it
cannot open it. And there is no file simple.exe.
I also changed the autoexec.bat file by editing:
PATH=C:\ADMB\MinGW\bin;%PATH%
but it still doesn't work. Besides I installed the ADMB IDE. I tried to
download emacs as well but I also couldn't install it properly. What am
I doing wrong? Sorry I'm not at all familiar with this stuff.
thanks for the help.

cheers

Beni

Benedikt Gehr, Institut für Evolutionsbiologie und Umweltwissenschaften