[ADMB Users] Output from glmm.admb

H. Skaug hskaug at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 11:52:57 PDT 2010

Nina,

Output is supposed to be available at a higher level from
within R.

Here are some examples:

>fit = glmm.admb(y~Base*trt+Age+Visit,random=~Visit,group="subject",data=epil2,family="nbinom")
>fit2 = glmm.admb(y~Base*trt+Age,random=~Visit,group="subject",data=epil2,family="nbinom")

Now:
>anova(fit2,fit)

gives you:

Analysis of Variance Table

Model 1: y ~ Base * trt + Age
Model 2: y ~ Base * trt + Age + Visit
  NoPar  LogLik Df -2logQ P.value
1     8 -625.87
2     9 -624.57  1    2.6 0.10686

Also, try

summary(fit)

(For standard deviations of the fixed effects, you maybe have to
to the .std file.)

To get AIC you have to type

> aic = -2*logLik(fit) -2*10

where you have to count the number of parameters yourself.

The complete list of functions (with their own help pages) is:

> library(help=glmmADMB)

anova.glmm.admb         Anova for glmm.admb objects
epil2                   Seizure Counts for Epileptics
glmm.admb               Generalized Linear Mixed Models using AD Model
                        Builder
glmmADMB-package        What the package does (short line) ~~ package
                        title ~~
glmmADMB-package        Generalized Linear Mixed Models using AD Model
                        Builder
logLik.glmm.admb        logLik.glmm.admb
plot.glmm.admb          plot.glmm.admb
print.glmm.admb         Print glmm.admb objects
ranef.glmm.admb         Extract Random Effects
summary.glmm.admb       summary.glmm.admb

Hans