[ADMB Users] plotting with library glmmADMB

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 14:48:39 PST 2012

On 12-11-19 11:44 AM, Carolina Soto Navarro wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I´m trying to plot the partial effects of the below model built with the
> glmmadmb function....
>
> M4 <- glmmadmb(MELONCILLO~VERALOG + AGUALOG
>                VERALOG + ICONLOG
>                + ALTOLOG + MATORRALLOG
>                + PMATORRALLOG
>                + ICONLOG + IT
>                + IL + MELONCILLOAUTOC
>                +  HUM + offset(LOGDIST)
>                + (1|CUAD) + (1|OBSCEN),
>                data=locs,
>                family="nbinom")
>
>   I tried to use the library /effects/ (for example: plot(effect("IL",
> M4))  but got the error:"Error en plot(effect("IL", M4)) : error in
> evaluating the argument 'x' in selecting a method for function 'plot':
> Error en UseMethod("effect", mod) : no applicable method for 'effect'
> applied to an object of class "glmmadmb".
>
> Anny suggestion about which library could be useful for plotting purposes?
>
> Thanks a lot for your help.
>
> Carolina

  Questions about glmmadmb should go to the
r-sig-mixed-models at r-project.org list rather than the ADMB users list.
However, I have some slightly bad news for you, which is that unless you
can convince John Fox (co-author & maintainer of the effects package),
or me (co-author & maintainer of glmmADMB) to write the relevant
plumbing, you're going to have to put the pieces of this together for
yourself ...

  I would suggest you re-post to the mixed-models list (indicating that
you've already tried here), and see if anyone else has ideas.

  By the way, I hope this is a pretty big data set (since you have a
fairly large number of predictors) ...

  Ben Bolker